Monday, March 19, 2007

You in a Nutshell

Earlier today I wrote some emails to Craigslist posters for sublets in Chicago. Many subletters ask for brief bios, so I tried to write candid 2-paragraph descriptions of myself. While writing those emails, I started thinking, "how would this self-description be different if I wrote it in a different mood? Or if I weren't trying to tactfully sell myself? Or if I knew different details about the recipient?"

There are so many different ways to summarize yourself in just a couple hundred words. And nobody is always only one person, with one set of interests, and one explicit history. How would you describe yourself in a nutshell? What aspects of that description would be false? How might it change from day to day, second to second?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything that can be put in a nutshell probably belongs there.

4/11/07, 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home